Small Detail

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Small Detail
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:50:57 PST
Hello Listers.  Happy Thanksgiving.

After my afer dinner nap I was looking at the "Triumph Spitfire and GT6,
Guide to Originality" by John Thomason.  Although the book only concerns
home market cars there is a detail I'm wondering about.

There is a picture indicating a chrome "ferrule" securing the shift gater to
the shift lever for MK3 and later cars.  Since this item was probably thrown
away the first time someone removed the trans tunnel I'm wondering if anyone
knows where an original type item may be obtained, or a suitable substitute.
  A hose clamp would work, but that's not too asthetic.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Walt Fogle
'73 Spitfire 1500