re: a hypothetical e-mail question -

To: SPITFIRES <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: a hypothetical e-mail question -
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:55:19 -0500
Message text written by Barry Schwartz
>I am getting a little tired of the SPAM e- mail ads I'm getting recently
and I usually delete them.  But I got to thinking (which can be dangerous
for me), hypothetically of course, that instead of just deleting them, If
everybody answered them back with a HUGE bmp,<

I don't think it will work.  PC Computing Magazine had an article on spam
mail and one thing the writer said was (I think) it won't work. Just about
the only thing you can do is deleate it from you IP mail box and don't down
load it.

AND to keep from getting on an e-mail list NEVER EVER open an e-mail
message while on line from a sender you don't know.. To make sure they have
a viable address the sender can include a one bit image with an HTML code
that will request from the sender the one bit image. like with a web site
picture when you go on line.

the arthur