Re: Spit Front Upper Ball Joint: help needed

To: "Tony Gordon" <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: Spit Front Upper Ball Joint: help needed
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:27:17 -0500
Since the whole mess is being replaced...
drill a hole through the side of the ball through the chunk of metal
wrapped around the ball.

After removing the outer of the two mounting bolts that hold the
pivot to the upper a-arm...
Drill a hole through into the side ( parallel to the a-arms)
half way in and insert a pin of an appropriate size to keep the tapered ball
ended
pin from rotating while trying to remove the nut.

:-)  worked for me when going through the same problem on MG
shock mount ball mount on the rear leaf connection.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - daily driver
 http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
1980 Spitfire - in re-hab
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
1978 Spitfire - in superb Shape
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
...and the newest toy coming soon...
1973 Round wheel arch wire wheel Midget in the works
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html

wizardz@toad.net     http://www.teglerizer.com