Re: Camber compensator or rear sway bar.

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Camber compensator or rear sway bar.
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:55:37 -0800 (PST)

well, i don't auto-x, but i do have a rear sway bar.  i do know
that it was a little difficult to attach it the way i wanted it,
but it does signifigantly reduce body roll, and it looks like it
performs the same functions as joe's camber compensator.  other
things to note: stock front suspension setup and poly bushings
all around, other than that, stock suspension.  the most notable
change i noticed was a greater tendancy towards oversteer.

--- "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com> wrote:

> Listers,
>
> I am looking to modify the rear suspension of my '77 1500 to
> improve it's
> handling for auto-x.  I would like some help or sugestions
> from those racers
> out there on whether it would help the roll/oversteer that I
> experience while
> powering through a curve to put a rear sway bar on my Spit or
> if a camber
> compensator would be a better choice.
>
> Or have I missed the point of the camber compensator all
> together?
>
> So far the modifications I have done to the suspension are:
>
> poly bushings
> rear air shocks (more to level the car than to stiffen the
> suspension)
> realignment to -3/4 camber on front
>
> Any other sugestions would be very welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Mostrom
> '77 Spitfire 1500
>

> 'Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to
> use the internet
> and he won't bother you for weeks!'

=====
nikolai jaremka