Camber compensator or rear sway bar.

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Camber compensator or rear sway bar.
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:45:59 -0600
Listers,

I am looking to modify the rear suspension of my '77 1500 to improve it's
handling for auto-x.  I would like some help or sugestions from those racers
out there on whether it would help the roll/oversteer that I experience while
powering through a curve to put a rear sway bar on my Spit or if a camber
compensator would be a better choice.

Or have I missed the point of the camber compensator all together?

So far the modifications I have done to the suspension are:

poly bushings
rear air shocks (more to level the car than to stiffen the suspension)
realignment to -3/4 camber on front

Any other sugestions would be very welcome.

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500

'Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to use the internet
and he won't bother you for weeks!'