ID # Questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: ID # Questions
From: ETYPE63@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 11:30:56 EST
Hello everyone.  I'm a list newbie. I have recently acquired a basket-case
Spitfire. It looks like a 19seventy-something. The previous owner came by the
car through a home/property purchase that included several vehicles.  He
knows nothing about the background of the Spitfire. What model year's ID#
began with ACL2???  The engine is clearly an inline four (I can see all four
connecting rods through the huge crack in the  block!) with one side draft
carb.  Any ideas what I ended up with (year and model)? Thanks in advance for
your help!

Lois