Crash pad adventure

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crash pad adventure
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:22:11 -0500
I took the advise from a number of people and started my crash pad project
yesterday.
The removal was a breeze, got it off no problems.
The little metal thingys were in bad need of cleaning and paint. I took the
paint off with a wire brush on a grinder, they looked good. I put the first
coat of primer on and laid them on the hood of my SSV (Sit support vehicle).
I was out of the black paint I needed, I went to work putting silicone in
the cracks and smoothing it out, this took about 30 minutes. I needed the
black paint so I fired up the V8 and left for the parts store, when I
returned I noticed a small car at the corner with 3 or four individuals
looking at the left front tire. I picked up my paint and headed for the
garage. I could find the covers, then it hit me... I walked over to the
individuals working on the front tire and stuck in the middle of the tire
was one of my freshly primed defroster covers ! The young man had a tire
iron stuck through the center trying to pry it out of the tire. I got it
back but it's bent all to hell. I found the other one about two hundred
yards down the road !
I screwed UP ! These little things are made of unobtainium ! Anyone got some
help for me ?

Plus I have a question,
When putting the new cover over the old one do you start around the ashtray
or do it last ?

Craig Smith
Phone 800/692-2323
Fax 864/234-1020