Re: Rimmer

To: tochilds@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Rimmer
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:35:34 -0400 (EDT)

I have a question in case anyone here knows, the message about no freight
from rimmer to the US.  It mentioned faxing in the order.  Does the same
apply to Email or web orders??

And while I have everyone's attention.

We have recently seen compaints about one of our LBC parts providers.
It seems we only hear when someone has a problem.  So I am taking this
time to sing the praises of another.  I have just placed my second part
order with Moss Motors.  The first was a rear spring for my '79 Spit.
The second was just some small brake parts.  But the point of this message
is to point out that in both cases I had the parts within 24 hours.  Service
like this is real hard to find today.  I plan on doing a lot more business
with Moss as I am just beginning my rolling restoration.  Rolling in this
case meaning I need this car for transportation as well as wanting to
restore it and that means I may need parts to keep it on the road on short
notice.  I realize that I am pretty close to their NJ shop, but just getting
the parts out the door in less than 24 hours is an accomplishment today.

Oh yeah.  My interest in Rimmer is for a part not listed in the Moss
catalog.  But maybe I should ask here first anyway.  Does anyone have
the longer attachment bars for the hardtop that are used if you completely
remove the softtop??  If no one understands what I mean I can post the
page and part number from a couple of different catalogs once I get home.

All the best.

bill

bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |