RE: electric fan

To: "'Earl Smith'" <earl56@hotmail.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: electric fan
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:28:20 -0500
Earl,

I have an electric fan on my '77.  It's mounted on the front of the radiator
pushing the air rather than pulling it.  I did that for clearance sake.  I
removed the fan, but have not removed the clutch, yet.  I run my fan with an
adjustable thermostatic swicth, the fan only runs when the temp gauge gets up
around the 1/2 mark.  I've never run into overheating problems with this setup
and the car seems to perform much better than with the stock fan.

One thing, with the stock fan in place the temp never went above the 1/4 mark.
I have seen a marked improvement in my auto-x times when the engine is running
at the 1/2 mark.

YMMV.....

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500
'80 Ford F-100 (Triumph Support Vehicle)

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'