1978-1979 differences

To: Spit-flyers <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1978-1979 differences
From: Bob Sykes <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:57:51 -0700
Spitfliers,

Joe Curry wrote:
[of the 78 vs "early 79 Spits]

> I am sure many of you 1500 owners can point out those differences in the
> three models.  In fact it might be interesting to chronicle what those
> differences are.  Anybody?

There's only one difference between the '78s and early chrome bumper
'79s.
The little sticker under the commission plate which states the car meets
the EPA emission requirements etc. etc. for 197X model year.  It's
unclear (to me) if this sticker was applied at the factory or at the
POE.

There were two different steering wheels used in 78-79 but this does not
correspond to the "model year" change.  The later '79s had a yet
another different "plastic" steering wheel, devoid of exposed metal.

--
LBC'ing U,
Bob (& Spitfires)