RE: camber compensator

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: camber compensator
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:19:05 -0700 (PDT)

that's not really true.  it can be to a certain extant, but
there are different grades of stainless the same as there are
different grades of plain carbon steel.  there is a manufacturer
of leaf springs here in the buffalo, ny region that makes some
springs out of a stainless alloy, and a sway bar is nothing more
than a torsion spring.  i suppose, though, if you wanted to make
one, you would have to do some serious engineering to get the
size and proportions right.  again, it might just be easier to
buy one already made and slap it on the car.

what i did was i bought one from moss a while back when they had
them on sale.  i didn't like the way it attached to the car, so
i took it off and mounted it up in a much improved way.  i made
up some end links using snow-mobile tie rod ends (heim-joints).
it works great, but, like someone else said, it gives a slightly
stiffer ride than without it.  that might no appeal to some, but
i can now out handle the tires i have on the car (it's like it's
on rails!).

just my own personal experience...

===
nikolai jaremka