Paint job

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
Subject: Paint job
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:12:05 -0500
Thanks to all who had responded to my questions about the cost of a
paint job.
A lot of interesting and varying opinions and prices. ($300 - $3500)

While contemplating the paint, it occurred to me that this stage, is in
fact, a decision pivot point for my level of commitment to "restoring"
this Spitfire. While my Spitfire is not in the best of shape (not bad,
mind you) I'm not sure that a car valued at its highest, around $8000 is
worth investing nearly one-half of that value in the paint.

I would love to have a perfectly restored Spit, but it will serve me
better and would make better use of my money in mechanicals, to enjoy
the car as a driver and not to worry about the perfect paint job.  It
has a bonnet problem, which is really an eye-sore and an embarrassment
that I intend to fix soon, I think that's where I'll be drawing the
line.

Is this where the "men/women" (serious enthusiasts) get seperated from
the "boys/girls" (not so serious)?

Lil Boy Vic