Re: Propshaft query.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Propshaft query.
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:36:04 -0400
At 10:27 PM 7/27/99 +0100, Paul wrote:

>Took the bodyshell off the chassis of my '81 reg 1500 last weekend, took
>five of us to lift it off! Me, her indoors and the three teenage sprogs.
>It's now sat on the front lawn under a car cover where it'll probably remain
>for quite a while.

Paul,

  You infer that the body shell is sitting on the ground.  If I were you,
I'd try to put some blocks under it to get the shell off the ground so that
the air can flow under the body shell.  Also remove the car cover on the
weekends when you are out working.  You need to let the moisture out from
under the shell otherwise the moisture can really eat up the car.

I have a Sonett parts car that sat under a car cover on 4 wheels in a persons
back yard.  There is NOTHING left of any of the body/chassis sheet metal.
You wouldn't believe the RUST!!!!

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org