Re: Exhaust pipes

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Subject: Re: Exhaust pipes
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:29:15 -0700
Bill,
If you enjoy louder than stock exhaust systems, you can get a Monza
system for $189.95 through J.C. Whitney.  Plus if you get their
catalogs, most often there is a 10% or greater discount off the top.

However, it may be as loud as your imitation Abarth system! (Maybe you
already have a Monza system, does yours have 4 tips which point
upwards?)

Regards,
Joe Curry

Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> Does anyone here know of a possible suplier of exhaust pipes for
> Spitfires??  Moss has one made of stainless steel for $250 and a
> local muffler shop told me they could bend one -- for $250.
>
> Surely there is somewhere more reasonable.  $250 sure seems rather
> high for a bent piece of pipe less than 6 feet long!!!
>
> (I might eventually spring for the Moss stainless steel one, but for
> now I just want to get rid of the annoyingly loud imitation Abarth
> the previous owner put on it.)
> (As an aside and maybe a minor warning, you ought to see what the
> heat from this bogus exhaust has done to the rubber rear bumper cover.
> And they are not cheap to replace either!!)
>
> bill
>
> --
> Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
> bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
> University of Scranton   |
> Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer