Re: Easiest Engine To Fit

To: MICHAEL C ROSS <MIKEROSS@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Easiest Engine To Fit
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:35:41 -0700
Michael,

I'll probably keep the stock rear for as long as it lasts.
If it lasts a very short time, I'll find something else
to put in there. My nissan drivetrain will be attached
to the spit rear using a shortened 510 driveshaft. My spit dif
already has extra holes in the flange that match the nissan
bolt pattern (from a pervious conversion). As long as my motor
is near stock 110 hp, it shouldn't be a problem, since thats about
what the GT6  put out, and my car is quite a bit lighter.
If I go in for serious engine mods (which I probably will when I get
bored with the stock form), I would like to convert from
swing axle to true IRS. Maybe by using a 510 diff and axles,
with GT6+ style A arms, or maybe something else.

What sort of turbo and EFI are you fitting on a tr6 motor ?
Sounds like it should be very exciting when it's done.

I seem to recall reading that subaru used the same diff
unit as the 510, with a factory LSD. Somewhere on the
net (I don't see it in my bookmarks) theres an article about
using this stuff in triumphs. I think I have
some list messages on the subject archived. I can dig them up if
you're interested.

Regards,
reed.

--