Spits

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spits
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:15:01 -0500
After Paul's statement I feel like I need to say about the same thing.

I brought my 71 back from the rust pit three years ago, I haven't really
been out on the "road" yet but the neighborhood knows I have it.  The
neighbors have stopped by and asked many questions as the project has
progressed from a rusting hulk, a bare frame, bare metal fenders to a nice
torch red little car.
I look at my LBC as a sanity fix, I have a fairly stressful job, two
children under 10 years old and the same wife for 22 years.  I go out into
the garage grab a wrench and a beer and I am in hog heaven !  The little bit
that I have actually drove the thing is payback for all the busted knuckles,
money and the mess.  People go out and pay major bucks for a car that
doesn't corner or garner the looks that our little cars do.  And to top it
off, if it breaks or quits on the side of the road you are NOT going to be
able to grab a few tools and fix it !

As has been said before; "Part of the fun is getting there" I put the actual
working on the car as, getting there.

Craig Smith
Phone 800/692-2323
Fax 864/234-1020