Mechanical Question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Mechanical Question
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:00:04 -0400
This is a question about my '50 ford, but it's a general mechanical
question.

The engine is from a 1976 Ford truck. And it seems to run fine, but
when I first turn on the motor, it runs the oil pressure at about 50 lbs.
Once it's fully warmed up and I've been driving it around, the pressure
drops to about 35 lbs of pressure. (The oil according to the dip stick is
at a good level.)

Is this normal for engines? And if not, is this symptomatic of anything
I could possible check out (failing oil oil pump or whatever)?

-Terry
'76 Spit 1500
'50 Ford truck