Re: Spit Exhaust

To: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>,
Subject: Re: Spit Exhaust
From: DWARE@uk.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 08:34:43 +0100

Is this true, would a tubular manifold (sorry, header) with a stock exhaust
be worth while? This should keep it quiet but would it improve performance?
I know we aren't talking a great improvement anyway, but every little
helps.

David
77 1500 Spitfire (UK)

Doug wrote:

I just replaced my Monza exhaust with the stock one.  (The Monza had
been on for 6 or 7 years).  I am amazed how much quieter it is.  It
sounds like an electric car, compared to before.  I can even listen
to the radio now!  The power may be reduced a little, but I can't
really tell.  I kept the headers on, which probably are more important
power-wise than the rest of the exchaust system.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit