Exhausts again (was: What is joy)

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhausts again (was: What is joy)
From: DWARE@uk.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:35:07 +0100

That reminds me, I asked a few days ago on anyone's experience with a
Rimmer sports exhaust (thanks for all the responses), then other things
came up and I've been distracted. So, back to the exhaust question..

I'd like to widen the question a bit, I'm after a 'high performance' system
(manifold and exhaust) but I don't want the noise that generally goes with
it. Are there any systems available that fit the bill or am I asking too
much? I'm in the UK by the way and the cars a 1500. Are TriumphTune
exhausts any good (quiet)? What about the TSSC systems? Any others?

Thanks again,

David.
1977 Spitfire 1500

"James Carpenter" wrote:

<snip>

As for the high performace exhausts, arround here all the boy races drive
there Nova's or XR2s with cherry bomb silencers on, and to be frank some
spitfires sound the same with that on.  I like the high performance
systems,
which dont give too much roar, but a real low resonance which you feel in
the chest.

<snip>