Re: Mechanical Oil Pressure gauge

To: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <ktkenyon@borg.com>
Subject: Re: Mechanical Oil Pressure gauge
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 08:34:09 -0700
Kirby,
You can do what I did.

Take your oil pressure sender to the auto parts store and get a "T"
fitting with the same threads.  Then get a fitting that will allow you
to install the sender on one side of the "T".  Then get yourself a
mechanical oil pressure gauge and make sure the fitting that comes in
the kit.  If not, get the proper fittings to adapt the gauge line to the
other side of the "T".

Then all you have to do is install it in the hole where the sender came
out of and it all works fine.

Good Luck,
Joe

P.S. The size is the same for all Spit Engines.

"Kirby T. Kenyon" wrote:

> Ok all, I'm sure this was discussed some time ago but I can't find anything
> on it.
>
> I want to install a cheapie mechanical oil pressure gauge and also retain
> the oil pressure idiot lite on my '80.  Where is the best place to attach
> the gauge?  If I use a Tee on the pressure idiot lite sender, what size /
> thread pitch do I need?  Is there another place that I could locate the
> mechanical connection on the engine?  And lastly, if this works out, I
> would like to put one in my '72 also.  Is the size the same for the older
> sender?
>
> Kirby T. Kenyon
> ktkenyon@notnow.com

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer