Father & Son trip to Portland

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Father & Son trip to Portland
From: PVanDuyne@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 19:29:40 EDT
Listers

Just an update on my transmission troubles found on Fathers day. Ted
Schumacher of TSI as come to my rescue with a used gearbox to get me to
Portland while I rebuild the other in my leasure (translated " I need alot of
time"). Ted has been very helpful and I look foward to meeting him in
Portland. My old trans is out and other replacement parts ( mounts shot, etc)
are on order.
The other major job while I was at it was to fix the grease leak into my
right brake drum. The Churchhill look alike I made failed ( weld broke), the
machine shop failed to get the hub off and the axle threads are totally
warped and twisted, so TSI to the rescue again.
This car just takes time and money, but I didn't realize it took all your
time and money!!
Determinded to  see you in Portland! Look for The Russet Brown Mass 80 spit.

Pete & Matt VanDuyne