Rear Axle Parts

To: Spitfire List <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Axle Parts
From: Steve Keidl <stevek@sparc.isl.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:44:30 -0700
Hello Spitfire enthusiasts.  I got the Spitfire bug 2 years ago when I
purchased a 69 MK III, and then last year I couldn't pass up a 72 Mk
IV.  They are both pretty much junk (total investment $900) but
restoration is progressing.  Would like to find a rear wheel axle shaft
and hub for a reasonable price for the Mk III.  The present shaft is
cracked at the U joint and the hub taper no longer fits the shaft.   It
wobbles badly.  I still drive it (just plain stupid, but a lot of fun)
but I would like to fix it soon, preferably before I kill myself.  Any
low cost leads or sources would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve