Re: carb [ex Re: alternator diagnosis]

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>, "Reed Mideke" <rmideke@interbase.com>
Subject: Re: carb [ex Re: alternator diagnosis]
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 22:45:46 +0100
A trick on SU's which I use to set my car is to lift the piston a little, if
the RPM rises alot its too ritch, if it falls its's to week.  When it rises
initialy then settals down to just above idle its perfect.

Setting the mixture, this is with that tool that you stick in the dash pot,
an allan key with a round thin to hold the piston steady? I assume thats the
way they do it on ZS carbs, on SU's you raise and lower the jet.

If your ajusting a screw you must be adjusting the idle rate not the
mixture.

Perhaps thats where you are going wrond.

PS, the engin breather hoses should not be replaised by water hoses, because
they are too flexible which gives problems with the carbs.