RE: Bad Service

To: "'Mike.Hopkins@mis.magna-europa.com'"
Subject: RE: Bad Service
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:32:14 -0500
I like it !
BUT !
Trying to keep up with ALL the different vendors it would be a logistics
nightmare.
With the ever changing marketing of products today many companies are down
sizing and it seems that the downsize is coming at the expense of customer
service. I like the way most of the big OEM's are starting to grade their
vendors, I am graded each month by people like GE, Micro Switch, Allen
Bradley and the like. In the world of ISO9000 and QS-9000 you either toe the
mark or become road kill.

I had an experience once with a fast food drive thru that really shows the
mind set of our Customer Service in the US. One of my buddies called in an
order for a take out, he went to the store and "walked" up to the drive
thru, the attendant dressed him down about "walking" thru the drive thru. My
buddies response was " I guess due to the fact that you have so much
business you don't need MY money, so you eat it !"