Re: Factory Hardtop

To: Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Factory Hardtop
From: Mike.Hopkins@mis.magna-europa.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:08:49 +0100

Sounds like an aftermarket job (see new Rimmer catalog, there is a photo of
one with black wrinkle type) anyway who cares its only going to sit in the
garage or be used to help brace the roof if you are doing a sill job or in
the most extreme winter conditions.

Cant remember ever using mine except to hit my head on as I pass it in the
garage. muma always said rag top is best

Hi all - How can I tell a factory hardtop from an aftermarket one?  Any
real advantage to one over the other?  I looked at a car this weekend
that had what the owner said was a factory hardtop.  The car was an
early 79 with the chrome bumpers and standup radiator.  The hard top
seemed to be steel, had the hinged pop-out rear quarter windows, and had
a funny black wrinkle-type finish to it.  Is this likely a factory top
with a later finish?

Just curious,

Mark Gardner