Re: Sitting in gear was Starting with clutch engaged helps thrustwashers

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sitting in gear was Starting with clutch engaged helps thrustwashers?
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 23:31:13 -0700
I don't like to sit with my foot on the pedal, but when I think its very
soon to go green light I push in the clutch and select 2nd, then 1st.
Otherwise it might take too long to get moving and the guy behind me is
already going before I do.  Happens a lot.  In my Alfa Spider its a must do
since its likely to grind if I rush it in.  Otherwise I don't even touch the
clutch pedal.  Its better for the throwout bearing this way.
Peter s