Re: Competition manual online

To: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>
Subject: Re: Competition manual online
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 21:40:14 -0400
Ken Bertschy wrote:

> >Does this mean that you own the copyright to the manual or have received
> >permission to republish the manual from the copyright owners???
> >

> Nope. I'm just an ignorant private citizen who posted the data online
> because a few spit list people asked me to. If British Leyland objects,
> I'll take the manual offline. But the book is out of print and there is no
> way to get any more copies. Also, it's an arcane topic about a car that
> stopped being made 20 years ago, and the info is out of date.  There's been
> quite a few technological advancements made since this manual came out.  I
> doubt that British Leyland cares one way or the other But it could be a
> real help to spitfire fans, so, I posted it online.
actually, it is still available, as are the competition data sheets that
were published by the bl us comp dept.  we have these (we were also part
of the comp dept)  they are lsited on our webpage. the comp. data sheets
are not listed but are available, these were sent for free, you had to
buy the comp. prep. manual, and lsited the comp. part items that were
available for each car. spit/gt6/mgb/etc. ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive