Re: Hand brake handle

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hand brake handle
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:41:04 -0100
At 07:53 9-06-1999 -0400, Keith R. Stewart wrote:

>> >I am working on re-doing all of my interior and I am stuck on my hand
>> >brake.  How do you get the hand brake handle off so you can take off and
>> >replace the vinyl boot??
>>
>> The use of a hairdryer to 'soften it up', combined with some force works
>> wonders.
>
>Black and Decker make a Hot Air Gun that looks and works like a hair dryer
>... only much hotter.

No, no. Use the right tool for the right job. A hot air gun is *way* too
hot for removing hand brake handles. You don't want to melt it and then
scrape the goo off the drivehaft tunnel, just gently soften up the plastic
and slide it off. A good hairdryer is perfect for this, even better
application than drying hair with it. There should be a label on them:
"Triumph Spitfire brake handle remover - also suitable for blow-drying hair".

;-)

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green