Re: bonnet adjustment??

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bonnet adjustment??
From: stan.part@att.net
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 16:23:47 +0000
Harve,

Perhaps the radiator *can* be moved down.  There are
three sets of mounting holes on your radiator which
allow some vertical adjustment.  The middle set usually
work best, allowing bonnet clearance and not stressing
the radiator "goose necks" where hoses attach.

I'd check the radiator height adjustment before you
go fiddling with the bonnet position.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu> wrote:

  Just noted this afternoon, that my radiator cap was
"marking" the  underside of my bonnet. ('78 1500)

  How can the bonnet be adjusted "up" to gain more
clearance?  I don't see how the radiator can be moved
down!  :)

  Tks for any insight!

  harve

--