Re: GT6 Mk III Stripe Kit

To: geo@ohio.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Mk III Stripe Kit
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 08:41:37 -0700
>i have stripes on my 73 mkIII. i have wondered if they were a dealer option.
>i've never seen this on any car but mine. i have never seen the dealer
>brochure. my stripe is gold runs on the rocker and up between the door and
>rear wheel, does this look like your brochure? i have a photo of mine if you
>want it. i would like to see your pic of the dealer option if you can scan
The stripes he is mentioning I believe were dealer applied, and consisted
of either two or three actual pieces.  They were installed on MK3 GT's
along the upper portion of the fender line extending the full length of the
vehicle.  the stripe was straight from the front lamps aft until it
"bellowed out at the rear fenders where it followed the contour of the rear
arch and mirrored the contour below it if I remember correctly.  It was
split in the middle, and was symmetrical about its centerline.