Re: Temp Gauge Reading High

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Temp Gauge Reading High
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 18:00:19 -0700
At 08:26 PM 6/1/99 -0400, Keith R. Stewart wrote:

>I thought that if the sensor failed, the gauge usually read '0'. Is it
>possible that this could be a bad sensor? What say you O Wise Spitfire
>Wizards?
>
>Keith Stewart

        Disconnect the lead at the sensor and ground it to the engine block.
Your
guage inside the car should peg at the hottest reading possible.  All a
sensor does is provide a variable resistance depending upon temperature
from the ground.

        If the sensor does not change or continues to do the same thing, look
for
this wire to be chaffing or shorting someplace else in the system before it
gets to your guage.

        Final check is to run a wire from the guage back to the sensor and
bypass
everything (for testing purposes of course) and see if it works normally.
Good thing Spits are so small- it won't have to be a long wire at all!

-Vegaman Dan
-66/69 Spitui!
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |  Flinters@picarefy.com * www.picarefy.com/~flinthoof   |