Re: Transmissions

To: "'Spit List'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmissions
From: Peter Cebalo <cebalo@NthShore.govt.nz>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:42:17 +1200
Hi Ted, James,

No Clutch adjustment ??

Technically, as you say there is no "clutch" adjustment. The position of
the slave is adjustable. This makes a difference to clutch operation.
After all, why did they put a pinch bolt there with an adjustment slot
on the slave cylinder ?

It has always worked for me. - move it right back and then try selecting
a gear.....

Surely someone else has found this ??

Peter

> I've heard of this solution before, but wondered if it would actually work.
> Since the clutch release is hydraulic, wouldn't the slave cylinder piston
> just be pushed further back the first time that you stepped on the pedal and
> you would be right back to square one?  Your fluid level would be higher,
but
> that's
> about it.  Unless of course the slave cylinder piston had reached the end of
> its
> travel...
>
> Replies????
>
> -Greg
greg, you are right. there is no clutch adjustment in this manner. the
slave is self-compeensating. length of rod only pushes piston further,
not piston pushes rod further. ted
--
Ted Schumacher