Re: California Stop?

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>, Laura.G@141.com
Subject: Re: California Stop?
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 17:27:02 -0400
At 12:01 PM 6/1/99 -0700, Simmons, Reid W wrote:

>Gee, and here I thought I had coined the phrase "California Stop".  Here in
>Oregon I use the term to refer to those drivers who accelerate upon seeing a
>yellow light, and REALLY FLOOR IT if the light is "orange" (turning from
>yellow to red).  This phenomenon seems to have been imported along with the
>influx of immigrants from that state directly "south of our border". :)

Here on the 'right coast' (as opposed to the 'left coast') we use the
phrase California Stop to indicate a mellow, laid-back kinda
coasting-thru-the-intersection kind of manuever.  Sort of seems that us
stuffy-always-in-a-hurry Easterners are jealous of the California
lifestyle.   {Well not all of us...}

Cheers,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire (with 57 HP, mellow and laid back is Normal) (Manual brakes
help too!)