Re: a-arms self-destructing!

To: Mostrom.Paul@principal.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: a-arms self-destructing!
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 23:44:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/25/99 7:08:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
Mostrom.Paul@principal.com writes:

<<  Is this a fluke or should I be concerned that the a-arms will continue to
 break if not re-enforced?

  Any suggestions from those of you out there with Spitfire racing
experience?  >>

Paul,

I've not had any similar problems with my GT6 which, I believe shares the
Spit A-arms.  Mine are carrying considerably more weight and are sliding
around the race track with big 205-section Yokohamas attached to them.
Fluke?  Dunno, but I'd guess if your A-arms are flexing around enough to pop
your rivets loose you'd notice some pretty funky handling.  I'd say weld them
up and keep an eye on them.

Just my .02 worth.  YMMV, and all that.

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com