Re: QUERY: GT6 Spin-On Oil Filter Adaptor

To: kinnejr@mindspring.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: QUERY: GT6 Spin-On Oil Filter Adaptor
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 23:33:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/24/99 9:42:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
kinnejr@mindspring.com writes:

<<  I tried to fit the adaptor available from
 VB (#17-241) and the steering column assembly interfered with the clearance
 of the filter.  I deduced that the adaptor was for UK spec cars and I was
 stuck with the canister.  Have the knowledgeable GT6 owners out there found
 a spin-on oil filter adaptor that fits? >>

Hi Jeremy, welcome to the list.  I have tried the same kit with about five
different filters and have run into the same problem you noted.  Many GT6
owners have been successful with it, however, so I'm not entirely certain
what you and I are doing wrong.  I did discover last fall when I pulled my
engine that I had a broken motor mount.  I'm currently operating under the
delusion (only one of several) that the broken mount may have let the motor
hang low enough to make an already tight fit an impossible squeeze.  I'm
going to give it another shot when it's time to put my motor back in (any
time now ...)

If you have gotten replies off list, I'd love to have copies of them.

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com
72 GT6