RE: Emissions

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Emissions
From: Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 13:17:53 +0100
You could try checking this out:

http://www.yahoo.com/Recreation/Automotive/Emissions/Regional_Informatio
n/

It contains links for a few states in the US (haven't followed any of
them, so I don't know what they're like).

As for MOTs, I don't think they're wierd, but that's probably because
they're normal to me.  They basically cover a) making sure that the car
meets all the relevant laws (e.g. emissions, headlights pointing in the
right direction, number plates (sorry - license plates) visible, etc)
and b) making sure the car is roadworthy (brakes work, steering works,
chasis isn't falling apart, stuff like that).