Re: New Spitfire webpages

To: <Growe58@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Spitfire webpages
From: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 16:05:50 -0700
>I noticed that the bonnet catches on the '80 Spits were painted body color.
>Was
>this a late factory change or just part of the advertising?  Anyone know?
>
>-Greg

In my handy dandy spitfire book by Michael Cook, all it says is that the 79
and into 80 model years carried "virtually no chrome trim at all."

I really haven't seen many '80s (or '79s) . I do seem to vaguely remember
seeing a spit once that had bonnet catches painted the same colour as the
body.

Laura G. and Nigel

>In a message dated 5/14/99 11:04:38 PM EST, savercool@email.msn.com writes:
>>
>>  Thumbs up!