Re: Painting a Spitfire

To: reid.w.simmons@intel.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting a Spitfire
From: "Earl Smith" <earl56@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:35:11 GMT
Reid
I had my my 75 Spit painted at The loacal state prison.They have a vo-tech
school and the instructor specializes in custom work.They had the car for 6
months but the wait was well worth it.They completely
disassembled the car and and painted inside and out.I shelled out2500
for materials but am told that i have the equivalent of a6000 to 8000
dollar paint job. The car has 10 coats of base and 15 coats of clear.
Earl
75,76,&79 Spitfires