Re: Reverse switch

To: David Gates <dgates@lava.net>
Subject: Re: Reverse switch
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:54:53 -0400 ()
On Wed, 12 May 1999, David Gates wrote:

> The reverse switch for my single rail tranny broke apart into many pieces
> while trying to reinstall it after a resolder job...
> Does anyone have an idea where I can find one for sale?  All the cataloges
> show the tranny in decent detail but never show the switch.

>From <http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/spitfire/electrical.html>:

UKC 9224. Remember, it's an electrical bit, so you look under the
electrical section, NOT under the gearbox section, except for February,
which has 28, or when sounded like "a" as in....

Seriously, it's a challenge sometimes to find some of the little bits in
the catalogues, especially factory spare parts catalogues or vendor
catalogues based on same. From a 1998 TRF price list:

"UKC9224        T7 SWITCH, REVERSE LAMP 27.50           CWE A"

[CWE means cease when exhausted; maybe the part is not available in 1999?
I don't know, although the Rimmer Bros. web site gives no indication about
the part not being available.]

--Andy