brake master cylinder rebuild

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: brake master cylinder rebuild
From: PLOSCAR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 20:12:44 EDT
I have appreciated the help in the past and have yet another question due to
my limited knowledge of mechanical matters.  I am trying to rebuild the brake
master cylinder in my 1967 Spitfire Mk III.  It is the single circuit type.
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to remove the piston.  I have a
Haynes repair manual and have followed its instructions on removing the
master cylinder from the car and extracting the circlip to remove the
pushrod, but I am unable to determine how and where to remove the "spring
thimble".     As always, thanks for any advice.

Bruce Larson
Its raining again in Hilo