Re: Towing advice for '80 Spitfire, Chelmsford, Ma

To: Cwn74@aol.com
Subject: Re: Towing advice for '80 Spitfire, Chelmsford, Ma
From: Reg Tulk <regtulk@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 01:08:10 -0500

Cwn74@aol.com wrote:

> Can you help this fellow out!
> Reply to (not ME):
> hestand@ultranet.com (Bruce Hestand)
> Thanks
> Clark
> >
> Subj:    Towing advice for '80 Spitfire
> Date:   5/4/99 3:17:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:   hestand@ultranet.com (Bruce Hestand)
>
> MAKE SURE THEM WHEEL NUTS IS TIGHT!

I had mine towed home from the storage place where i bought it and the DPO
didn't have one of the rear wheels on tight... It was a problem on I94.

(I, however do accept the title of "DCO" in this case)

I should have checked them!

A flat bed  would guarantee not having this problem as many things (tires,
bearings, lose nuts etc.) can be a problem.

I recently brought back a rust free tub from AZ in a trailer  - the only way to
go!

good luck!
Reg

'74 S    P      I        t