Norton/Spitfire Clarification

To: "SpitList" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Norton/Spitfire Clarification
From: "Geoffrey Easton" <geoffeaston@attcanada.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 10:37:58 -0230
Hello All

I didn't realize there were so many LBC fans also interested in B igger
British B ikes. Some very interesting offers on the table. Just a general
note to clarify some things, I will respond to all personally as my
procrastinating nature allows.

It looks like I was a bit premature with my offer. I am planning a trip down
though the states later this summer or fall and that's when I had planned to
be able to work something out. I am in the middle of sorting a few things
out which will enable me to build a garage which will hold all my bikes and
stuff in one place. Since I have a dozen+ Commandos and no LBC, I figured I
could spare one Norton. The bikes range from rat basket cases to full nut
and bolt restorations. When all are in one place I'll have a much better
idea of a plan. The ideal would be for somebody to come up with a decent
Spitfire which would be comparable in value to a Norton. We could arrange a
mutually convenient location and all would be right with the world again.
As it stands now, there has to be a lot of back and forth before anything
will happen.

I am around 1000 miles and a 6 hour ferry ride from Maine(as a reference) so
whatever happens with any bike/car combo, both will have to be capable of a
major road trip. So, depending on what is arranged, I can put together
anything from a slightly tatty but mechanically very good bike to a near
concours winner if required. As prices for all things tend to be subjective,
the bottom line will be value for value. I don't expect a perfect car; but
if it gets me home and doesn't cost the world to put in decent shape I'll be
happy.

Hope this clears up a few things and if all works well, I'll see one or more
of you in the coming year.

Geoff Easton
St. John's, Newfoundland

P.S. I am not interested in selling any bikes separately. I've been a Norton
fan(atic) for the past 25 yrs and they are my first passion (just ask my
first ex-wife).