Re: Settling into Autumn

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Settling into Autumn
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:43:04 -0700
Fred,
Having grown up in West Texas, I can safely say that Like Arizona it
doesn't rain much.  But when it does, it makes up  for it with a
vengeance.  When it dumps 4 inches of rain in an hour, it causes flash
flooding because there is no provision to accommodate that amount of
water.  Underground drainage is unheard of.  The best that is done is;
at intersections the streets are lower so that the water collects
there.  When enough water accumulates, it eventually runs off into the
desert and down the previously dry arroyos.  Any cars that happen to be
in one of them at the time get carried down stream into the next county.

Oh well, there "has" to be something bad about every place.  Otherwise,
nobody would want to move.  THat would not be good for the real estate
market.  Speaking of real estate, "Anybody want to buy a house?"

Joe