RE: Recommendations (+mail prog question)

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Recommendations (+mail prog question)
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:40:00 +0100
My mail seems really erratic at the moment, I don't know if it's me (my company
has just upgraded from ccMail to Outlook) or to do with the recent server
problems that MJB talked about.  Anyway to give a few pointers:
I fixed the radio in my Spit on the driver side shelf just by the door.  This
keeps it out of sight from the low-life and is still quite convenient to use.
I put speakers in the rear board infront of the fuel tank.  Do check the depth
of the magnets though - I had to 'relieve' the fuel tank slightly with a large
hammer :)  Speakers can be put in the front doors, but having the sound in the
footwells is not ideal, but then what is in a convertible?
An oil/water gauge is manufactured by Smiths to match the OE Spit gauges (I have
a magazine listing it a model #BAD100).  It is however pricey at GBP80 new.  A
junk yard check of some of the other Triumph cars (try TR range) my yield a
used/cheaper one.
The common place to add an extra gauge in a Spit is in the passenger side dash
panel.  If you remove it you will see that the dash metal panel has a convenient
hole where the GT6 (which shares the panel) has an eyeball airvent.  Do remember
that the standard gauges are recessed so that the bezel is flush.  This is
tricky to do at home.
If gauges aren't working check the voltage stabiliser.

Hope this helps

Pat

PS Can anyone tell me how to set up a rule (Inbox Assistant) in Outlook that can
filter all mail from this mailing list into a separate mail folder so that my
Inbox remains free for work stuff?