Re: Pictures of RUST (ouch) and rear brake lines

To: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Pictures of RUST (ouch) and rear brake lines
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 09:03:31 -0400
Rick, it looks like things have progressed since your post about a month ago
regarding dissolving the rust. I'd be very concerned if I had your situation. My
approach would be to pull the body off the frame and hope that the frame can be
re-inforced by MIG welding steel panels over the rusted areas. The frame would
have to be trued to be sure that everything was "spec" before doing the welding.
The other option would be to look for a replacement frame. This may be a good
route if you are not confident that the rest of the frame is completely sound.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario