Re: Oil Pressure Switch

To: "'spitfires@Autox.Team.Net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Switch
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 16:28:36 -0400
My oil pressure seems to be a little higher.  However, may car may be
running cooler.  Before my car gets to normal operating temp, just
over the 1/4 mark on water temp gauge.  It runs about 70 to 80 psi.
 Then at 60 mph (must be a little more than 3000 rpm) I am getting
about 60 psi at normal temp.  At idle, 600 rpm, it drops to 15 to 20
psi.  If the car is running at the 1/2 mark on the temp gauge then
everything seems to be shifted down about 10 psi.  If you are at the
1/2 mark then everything seems to be right on!

Dave C
79 Spit