Re: Sticky Clutch Return

To: Cwn74@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sticky Clutch Return
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 06:38:50 -0700
Clark

> Did you service the slave cylinder?
> Perhaps the pinch bolt is too tight, distorting the slave cylinder somewhat.
> Been there, done that...
> Clark

Now we are on to something.  Not that the pinch was noticably tight all
along, but perhaps now with time there is degradation in the rubber
which now is affected by minute cylinder contortions. (not that these
parts are manufactured all that well to begin with)

I will try this:  Loosen the pinch bolt.  Operate the clutch engine off
and engine on, to note any change.  With the bolt still in place, the
slave cylinder will still stay in the pinch bracket for the test.

Hmmm.  I will let you know what I find.
--
Brian W. Neuschwander