Re[2]: sagging spit

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: sagging spit
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 09:03:55 +0100

Subject: Re: sagging spit
Author:  "Charlie B." <cb1500@erols.com> at Internet-po
Date:    18/06/98 18:17

It's a problem common to all later Spits with the pivot spring.
Unfortunately, the air shock will not compensate for a worn rear spring.
It will, however, help with the load carrying capacity of a good spring.
If some of you Spit drivers are like me, close to 200 lbs, I represent
about 1/10th of the total weight of the car as it goes down the road.
Without a passenger, toward which direction do you think the car will
eventually list?

     <snip>

     Charlie

     Just to clarify one point, do LHD cars lean to the left or the right
     when viewed from behind.  My RHD Spit leans to the right (i.e the RH
     side is lower then the LH).  I was under the impression that rather
     than the driver's weight over many years causing the lean, that it was
     the torque reaction of the propshaft and drivetrain.  Now, if a LHD
     car leans left then I am obviously wrong, and it implies that it is
     the driver causing the problem.  Please confirm.

     Pat