Cylinder Liners

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cylinder Liners
From: Jari Tabell <Jari.Tabell@pp.inet.fi>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:49:16 -0700
Greetings from Finland

I have a small problem to find suitable liners for the 1147cc block. The
story is that I run my Spitfire in historic (vintage) races here, and
according to FIA rules the Spitfire cylinders must have standard
dimensions (it may not exceed 1150cc). So now the only solution seems to
be re-sleeving the block.

However the machine shops here couldn't find suitable (small enough)
liners which could be used for 69,3mm cylinder diameter. My question is,
if anyone could suggest if there is some suitable liners from some other
make of car which could be used, or any other alternatives? Any help
would be appreciated...

Regards, Jari
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jtabell

PS. Sun is shining, summer is as best, Spitfire is stucked in garage,
luckily I've my Kawasaki Ninja still moving :O)