Re: Spitfire Fuel Line

To: zink@pdq.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Fuel Line
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 06:26:14 -0600
> Can a late model tank fit in an early model car? Mine has almost
> sucummed to the dreaded rust monster.

Hi Larry,

Yes it works.  I'm running a 1500 tank in my mk1.  Bolt in
replacement with the exception of two things.  The tank outlet is at
the TOP of the 1500 tank instead of the bottom and there is a vent
line at the top of the tank you have to plug.  I used a rubber hose
with a bolt clamped in the end.  As Joe informed however, you MUST
use the 1500 sending unit with the 1500 tank.  There is a slight
difference, also the 1500 tank holds about a gallon less gas.

Hope this helps.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Waiting for garage space to start teardown)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Suspension just about ready to install)